Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Every blogger was at first an amature...

I never really liked the sound of the words "blog" or "blogger"; I never realized how strong and connected the blogging community was especially amongst fellow crafters, creative thinkers, beautiful dressers, vintage hunters, world travelers and beyond.  I have recently found myself desperately seeking an outlet to reveal and discuss my interests and have found comfort in various blogs in people who I feel as though I know without having ever met them or even heard their voice.   A visual person, I am hooked on the various styles of text, the beautiful photographs, the handmade items and the beautiful clothing and never thought to share these exact aspects of my life.  Having a full time day job limits my availability to do and be all the things I love but it doesn't stop me from creating a beautiful present and dreaming up my beautiful future! 
Image of Rosie the Blogger © Michael Licht
 I want to inspire so that is exactly what I will do! I hope you'll join me for this ride, much more to come!

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! As a young knitter I have loved finding similarly minded people's blogs. Some of my friends are fellow crafties but none love knitting like I do so it's been a revelation to find other young knitters all over the world. I look forward to seeing and being inspired by your hand crafted pieces! Maybe you'll check out some of mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thank you very much for your comment, my very first! I just took some time to browse through your cute blog and I'm already hooked =] I look forward to following your creations and adventures as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I LOVE that Rosie riveter poster!!
    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging....prepare to be hooked haha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire, thank you! I'm happy to be here and very quickly realizing just how attractive blogging is! Like I mentioned at the start of the post...I never once saw myself as the type of person to embrace this sort of thing because I've always loved the romanticism of hand written things and one on one interaction, etc. but I've set those feelings aside for the sake of branching out and I'm happy about it! Happy to have you here and cute blog! =]

    ReplyDelete

Hi friend! Thank you so much for kind words; your feedback is really special to me =]