Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sweet Seven

As I mentioned in a previous post...I work a 9-5 job.  A lot of my work is based on the computer so in my down time I tend to wander around the internet searching for lovely things.  I honestly can't help it!  Here's seven sweet pieces that I've been in adornment of all week. 


1.
Peas Pass the Salt and Pepper Shakers- ModCloth
 I cannot describe how cute these two are.  It was pretty much love at first sight. They are a little pricey in comparison to some other places that sell the same concept (ie: Pier 1) but these ones are much cuter with their painted faces and subtle pod. 
2.
Canvassing Backpack in Uptown- ModCloth
I feel like I'm beating this coral color to the bone (since it appears twice in the Sweet Seven) but it really is my current favorite so why hide it?  This bag is so simple and perfect, it's making me want to attempt pattern making, dye some canvas and get sewing!  I'm terrible at patterns and following directions in general so this is most likely in my dreams but it's definitely something I want to learn.
3.

Sweet Tooth Cookie Jar- Urban Outfitters
I'm obsessed with teeth and always have been; I have literally no idea why.  When I was younger I would say I wanted to be a dentist even though I'm pretty sure I had no real desire I just loved teeth.  I made a ton of art about teeth in college and it turned out most times to be a pretty big hit.  Turns out lots of people share this same interest with me; once you admit your love for teeth other lovers start coming out of the closet.  This cookie jar is sweet!
4.
Camera Love iPhone Case- Urban Outfitters x Society6 Print Shop
I was never aware of this society6 print shop that Urban Outfitters has on their website until I had too much time to browse.  I am in love with the concept that you can pick a print made by an artist and make it your iPhone case, laptop case, or just do it the old fashioned way and have it printed, sent to you, and hung up on your wall.  I love old cameras and thought this was sweet.  I "Amazon Universal Wish Listed" about 6 of these guys but this was one of my favorites.   
5.
Vintage 70's Orange Floral Lace Mid Day Dress- btbvintage (Etsy)
Here's coral-ish sweet find number two.  I love the 70's, flowers, dresses, and this color so this is a win, win, win for me.  I would seriously consider purchasing it if I hadn't made a million other purchases lately (a new computer included)
6.
Home Is Where You Are- Urban Outfitters
I love this for about 12 different reasons.  It's so simple and cute and true and it's amazing.  I want to re-create this in my own way. 
7.
Jeffrey Campbell Delilah Tan Leather Platform Wedges- LuLu
If I were going to drop dead tomorrow I would need to have these first so I could wear them as I depart this world.  I'd probably give an arm to have these.  If I could have the 70's dress with these 70's inspired wedges I would be the happiest girl in the world, and also wear both every single day.  So.Attractive.

That sums up the Sweet Seven.  I intend to do this often..I am constantly adding things to my Amazon Wish List.  They seriously couldn't have invented a better (or worse) little button for your toolbar.  It really is an awesome idea and I use it everyday. It's nice to conveniently track all your interests and inspirations. 

As you may have briefly read in my blurb about the 70's floral dress...I found out yesterday that my beloved laptop is beyond reasonable repair (has an issue where I can't see the screen very well due to a death red that has consumed it) so I bit the bullet and rooted myself -quite literally- with a refurbished 2010 21.5 inch screen iMac desktop computer.   I'm looking forward to adapting to a new computer lifestyle.  I wanted to move away from the laptop to avoid spending so much down time staring at a screen just because it was convenient and portable, and spend  even more time on my crafts.  =]

Have a great Thursday!
-mj 

8 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Nice finds! I love the shoes <3

    have a great day(:

    Carmila Ponycat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finds!

    Sorry to hear about your laptop, though a mac desktop is exciting news! I know from experience though that when the computer can't move with you you will porbably just stick to your chair;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Welcome!
    You're right...I may be stuck to the chair a little but I always do my best to keep a healthy balance. I already feel the effects that computer screens and tv, etc have on my body and my eyes especially and I'm only 23! It's a bit scary! The giddyness of a new computer may have me hooked for a while but I vow to get out of that chair! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for checking out The Haberdash! Super cute blog you have here!
    <3
    punky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Punky!
    Thanks for coming over to check it out! I'm browsing through your Etsy store as we speak, very impressive collection, I may have to pick out a piece =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again! Carmila already commented, but now I have to say, I think your idea behind getting a desktop computer is great! I should do that with my next computer because I definitely spend in it more time than necessary!

    I loved your insight about my photographs, thank you!! I tried to give them that depressing (but still pretty) vibe, because I wanted her to be alone and spending it with desserts and by the phone... anyway, thank you very much for visiting our blog. I hope you come again!!
    -Sandra Ponycat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra!
    I'm very pro desktop right now and many of the people around me seem to be as well, many are making the switch! I never saw myself going back to having a stationary computer but I think it'll just present more options for me.
    Your welcome! I thought they were really interesting and I definitely got the vibe you were going for. I'll definitely be stopping by regularly!
    -mj

    ReplyDelete

Hi friend! Thank you so much for kind words; your feedback is really special to me =]