Thursday, August 4, 2011

The beautiful world of bad photography...

Good morning darlings, Thursday is already upon us...my oh my, where ever does the time go?  Seems it's slipping right past me faster than ever these days.  Last night I dropped off my first roll of film for my Holga 135BC 35 mm lomography camera. 


I've never had a pinhole camera before so I am more than anxious to pick up my photos after work.  While I am completely new to the toy camera world (and therefore crossing my fingers for this film to develop!), I am quite familiar with various other forms of photography and have been exploring the subject deeper than ever lately.  I have been on a scavenger hunt for all things polaroid and all things camera in general and have been successful thanks to Amazon, EBay, and of course your lovely local thrift stores.  I have been saving up funds to support this camera shopping addiction (among many other shopping addictions) I've developed and it's paying off! I was kind to myself and also decided to purchase the precious Instax Mini 7S and I am in love with it.  It's so chunky and cute I just wanna squeeze it, and I do!


Once I am able to find/purchase a decent scanner (suggestions on good deals and where to do this are welcome!) I will begin to upload the adorable and awesome photographs that I come up with.  The only issue I have, and that I'm sure everyone with this camera has, is that the flash cannot be turned off which causes some photo's to look a  little funky but I'm over it and I'm learning to embrace it!  I'm more than excited for all the happy accidents and captured moments.  The thrill of not knowing how each moment will be captured is unbeatable. 

 I am already in the process of creating a "DIY" picture frame hanging device to display the mini instax photos.  I've seen various bloggers creating these and have become inspired to make it happen for myself.  Meredith from one sheepish girl wrote this lovely post explaining her process of making an instax mini photo display frame and "52 weeks of instax," which is an idea worth exploring as well.  I've recently become a big fan of her blog, check it out!
I thrifted an amazing large wooden frame with fabric a few years back with fabric detailing that is awaiting it's new life as my mini polaroid display; better than sitting in my basement!  I will post pictures once I get it together, very excited. 

"Bad" (awesome) photography aside, since my blog is brand new and I am a person that believes strongly in the meaning behind names and titles (always one of my favorite parts about exploring a new blog), tomorrow I will talk about what "let chaos in" means to me and where it came from.  What does your blog name mean to you?  =]
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friend! Thank you so much for kind words; your feedback is really special to me =]