Friday, August 26, 2011

packing my big life into little boxes


Moving-Sophie Blackall
 My absence around here has been due to a a recent decision to move back to my home-city where I will once again start my young adult life over.  I'm happy that I'm still young (ripe age of twenty three) and can make these moves without it spinning my whole world out of wack.  These are the moments in life where you're quite literally standing at a forked road and you need to make a huge decision and mine has been made, I'm Worcester-bound.  Moving is always a bittersweet thing...I am sad to leave behind the aspects of my life that I've recently grown accustomed to but excited for all the potential the future holds.  Once I am back on my feet I intend to launch my Etsy store and get involved with several craft shows.  I am building inventory everyday and when I'm more settled I can begin uploading photographs and really sharing the ins and outs of my days. 

Moving hasn't left me a lot of time to do the daily internet browsing that I usually do but when I found out I was making the move I did begin to think of all the cute things I'd like for my future living space.  I'd really like to try give "living alone" a shot...I have yet to do it and I honestly think it'd be really nice! Not forever of course..but for a while. 

Folky Fresh Pouf
 I've always wanted one of these little seats...they sell them everywhere and I have contemplated trying to make my own since they always tend to be a bit pricey. 

Trompe l-Aundry Hamper
Many people have probably already seen this if you explore ModCloth at all...it's an awesome piece that they seem to sell out of quickly.  If and when I have the space I'm making the purchase!
Chroma-logical Order Clock
 I love clocks...hardly ever use them for their intended purpose which seems silly but it's the same reason why sometimes I buy yarn or anything really just to look at because it's beautiful and not necessarily to use.  I feel as though that's such an "American" thing to do...buy unnecessary items just to have, but the guilt hasn't stopped me yet.  It's the little things. 

Nesting 1, 2, 3 Plates
Another guilty pleasure of mine is these nesting dolls.  I find myself embroidering them on everything and I'm attracted to them.  These plates are adorable and although I already have a bunch of cute plates I would enjoy these!
Practical Proprie-tea Wall Hooks
Wow, these make hooks fun!  So creative and elegant.  I am always struggling to make space for all my belongings and hooks are a great way to display your goodies rather than hide them in drawers and these are perfect!  I love the color of the wall too...ideas!
Extra Soar-age Shower Caddy

I have always hoped for a cute and stylish shower caddy and have never been able to find one until I found this piece.  Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough...but either way, this is excellent and since I will most likely lose my current caddy in the move, I want this one! It's sold out so maybe it is THE coolest caddy around. 
Fits the Billard Tea Set
A girl (or boy) can never have too many tea sets, especially ones in a caddy!  Caddy may just be the word of the day.  Perhaps I should do a "Cute things in a Caddy" special. 

Flock Party Apron
 A girl can also never have too many aprons!  I have a bunch, one is vintage and amazing but I would definitely put this baby on in the kitchen.  I haven't been doing as much cooking lately due to my life being in boxes, etc but when I do I love putting on an apron..even if I don't really need it.  =)

Washing & Hoping & Dreaming Dish Rack
 Not everyone likes doing the dishes but I honestly don't mind if I keep up with them quickly enough so that I only do a small run every now and then.  I like a clean and neat house..kitchen especially and this makes it all the more fun! It's both decorative and practical, awesome!

Coast to Coaster Set
 Coaster sets are a disease.  I have so many of them and can't stop acquiring them and can't get rid of them and yet somehow I always want more.  I have to admit...I hardly ever use them because I'm so active and bring my drinks with me everywhere.  Another useless item!  The colors and patterns on these are what draws me in, so maybe it's not the coaster it's the color.  Either way, cute!
Picnic Crashers Tablecloth
I feel as though I need to go on more picnics.  I get so excited at the thought of them but nobody ever feels the same joy so I remain living a picnic-less life.  I have a super cute vintage picnic basket somewhere in the basement of my mothers house that I should really take out and make use of.  This table cloth would  be the perfect solution to your picnic woes...you get the picnic feel but you can enjoy in all sorts of weather and circumstances.  I think this is close to the top of my "must buy" list when and if I ever get another kitchen table.  I've also made the decision that I'm going thrifting for all my future furniture in hopes of saving money and bringing some charm to the space.  New furniture just like anything is not what it used to be..it isn't meant to last and I want some durable and long-lasting pieces!
Obsessive Consumption
I figured I'd conclude this post with this neat little book since it seemed appropriate.  I write about how I desire various things but I honestly am more of a window shopper.  I would rather use what I have and attempt to recreate the items I'm interested in or find them at a thrift store or acquire them for free.  I am very cheap...hate to admit but times are tough for all and you need to make do with what you've got.  I look forward to whatever new space I will be dwelling in...for a while it will most likely be my mothers house but I've got big dreams and they'll happen one day! 

Have a wonderful weekend!

 
-mj

1 comment:

  1. Hope your move went smoothly! And look forward to having you back blogging:)

    I don't do picnics often enough either. Now isn't the weather for it anyway, but I'll do my best next summer!

    ReplyDelete

Hi friend! Thank you so much for kind words; your feedback is really special to me =]