Friday, August 12, 2011

peace & love & slipper boots


Last Christmas Target was carrying this awesome slipper boot that I adored and purchased immediately upon finding it. (I'd give you a link but it appears as though they aren't selling them anymore, I really hope they make a come back this year!)  I have a love-hate relationship with Target and all chains for that matter, but when push comes to shove I don't have a problem with showing the store some love.  I actually find a lot of my winter-like shoes and boots there.  I am lame and hate wearing shoes that cover my foot completely, but when I do/when I have to because I live in New England...I usually wear slippers or really comfy slip on types.  When I say slippers I mean that I wear what stores call "slippers" as my regular everyday shoe.  I'm all about it!  Anyway the past two days I've been playing with these slipper boots trying to think of a way to spice them up a bit.

I love to embroidery and do it almost everyday even if I have no idea what I'm intending to make.  I have recently been making what I'd consider to be a "patch" if I had to define it.  A lot of peace signs are popping up.  I've got a lot of funky fabrics laying around and a ton of canvas because a lot of my art work for many years has been and is made of raw canvas.  The durability, look, and feel of canvas is so attractive to me.  I combined all the elements that I had laying around the house and stitched them all together and here we are! Peace & Love boots.  

I don't want to rush the summer weather because I am a huge fan of it, honest, but autumn is my favorite season and I find myself taking out some of my warmer weather clothes already and wearing them around the house.  I look forward to acorns, scarves, and hot caramel apple cider.  Mmmm. I assure you I am not over summer just yet, I still need to pay a visit to the beach a bunch more times.   Autumn aside, I'll leave you with this cute and summery look! 

Let The Sun Shine In



 I am really into purples/blues in combination with yellows/mustards lately and have a new found passion for Jeffrey Campbell's shoes.  He's got some serious edge and it's really inspiring.  I'll take the Good Morning Sunshine Wedges in a size 10 please! A girl can dream =] Have a lovely weekend everyone and stay crafty!
-mj

4 comments:

  1. Those boots are looking great!! They look a lot more special than if they were plain as they were (:
    And I like that inspiration board, specially the photograph, I'm a huge fan of lily cole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have to admit they were pretty cute even without the embroidery, but I like to add to existing pieces if and when I can...really makes them mine! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first tried my hand at this color combination last Fall, while making a trip to Michigan with my brother. Little did I know we would be driving through Ann Arbor, which is home to the Universtity of Michigan, any Ohio State Football-lover's worst enemy. As their colors are blue and gold, My brother almost threw me out of the car when it occurred to us that I was wearing the most blue and gold outfit possible. So funny that my first time wearing their school colors was my first time on their campus. All on accident!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too funny! It's pretty amazing how strong the connections are to color combinations! It's funny you say that because I recently had someone accuse me of being an LA Lakers fan (I'm from Boston and people around here really don't enjoy the Lakers) because I was wearing a deep blue top, that could mistakingly be viewed as purple in the right light, with a mustard skirt. Their colors are purple and bright yellow; I didn't completely see it but I was of course given a little grief anyway. Thanks for sharing =]

    ReplyDelete

Hi friend! Thank you so much for kind words; your feedback is really special to me =]